Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bombed A Speech

I bombed a speech today. It shreded to pieces in front of my eyes. I stumbled, I skipped over parts, and I threw together an ending in order to stay under the 6 minute time limit.

When class was over, I sprinted to get out of the building and officially remove my self from the experience. This gave me temporary relief, but inside I knew I had failed a large project. It haunted me the whole day. At lunch I tried taking my mind off it by reading the Let It Out section of the Indianapolis Star. I was supposed to get a package in the mail today from my Grandma, but it had not arrived and I continued on with my self pity. At my on-campus job, I had to work an extra hour in order to prepare the football team's press release for the upcoming game.

It wasn't until intramural football that I was able to release some of the tension. I usually don't look forward to football because every week I have to scrap together a team to play, but today was one of my better experiences. To take a second and self-promote, I had two touchdown catches and the only two interceptions in the game.

Eventually I was balanced out, but the speech has added to the million things that are stressing me out this week. So far I have been bombarded with things to do, and I look forward to my lightest day of the week, Wednesday. My Mom and Sister are coming down to visit tomorrow so that should help me calm down.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home