Wednesday, June 20, 2007

McGrubber


On Monday I started thinking about those McGrubber skits on SNL. In case you haven’t seen them, they are 5-minute parodies of the MacGyver TV series. Will Forte plays McGrubber, and every scenario involves a ticking time bomb set for a little under a minute. During that time, McGrubber makes his doomed companions fix him drinks and pick up dog doo-doo, in what they think will help him shut off the bomb. Instead, McGrubber gets drunk or plays the guitar, and then they all blow up. But the best part of the skit is the opening theme song. It’s really corny and the lyrics always foreshadow what that week’s skit will be about.

Anyway, I was sitting in my cubicle and started thinking about McGrubber. I let out a chuckle, and tried to muffle it so the others around me couldn’t hear me and criticize me for being unproductive. This led me to writing my own lyrics for McGrubber, based somewhat on my life.

McGrubber

He’s not working in an office
Like some-kind of Yes-man

McGrubber

He’s got tactical experience
And he’s going to blow your head off

McGrubber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home