Monday, April 09, 2007

"I wanted to cut my grass the other day, but my snowblower wouldn't start."

I spent most of Spring break donning a pair of worn out jeans and a hooded sweat shirt. The temperature got down to 25 degrees, and while my friends were down in Florida soaking up rays, I was cleaning my basement at home.

To be fair, the weather was perfect the first couple days of break. Knowing that unfavorable weather was approaching, I used those sun filled days to mow the yard and refurbish an old bench. Work, work, work! that was my spring break.

I'm not complaining though, I got to spend precious time with my family and for the most part relax.

I'm gaining confidence in my handiness. Dad let me take over many of the projects we worked on, and it seemed like I proposed several compelling arguments for how the basement should be fixed. I'm once step closer to being a home owner.

Still it would have been more enjoyable had the weather been nicer, atleast Dad and I would have been able to shoot some hoops like the good ol' days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home