Friday, July 20, 2007

Cooper Vs. Eagle

There's an eagle sitting on a branch of a pine tree right out side my office this afternoon. I was informed of his presence shortly after coming back from lunch(I used a coupon that Grandma B had given me for a free roast beef at Arby's).

Its just sitting there calmly, swaying in the breeze. From inside, I took a picture with my cell phone. I got so close to it, if it weren't for the glass I think that it might have come at me and pecked my face off. I've never been so intimidated and awed by a bird before.

I sent my sister the photo in a text message. Its a low quality photo, but it'll get the job done.

I then remembered a debate I had earlier with her over whether or not a hawk could swoop up our useless shiatsu Cooper. Often I find him wondering alone in the middle of a field, and think to my self, "he's easy pick'n". Cooper is the most defenseless dog I've ever met, I can't even get him to bite. So if an eagle like the one outside were to attack, there would be nothing for him to do.

Maybe its my fault as his master for not training him to defend himself. However, Cooper has one thing going for him. He's fat. That extra weight will make it harder for predators to lift him off the ground. Also, the excess blubber will protect his internal organs from being punctured by the eagle's talons.

Thankfully Cooper is safe inside the house right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home