Saturday, September 08, 2007

Anxiety Cut

I just finished my second week in Math M025 and I'm already severely behind. Every night I spend two or three hours attempting the online assignments, and I am yet to get a grade better than 70%. Not to mention the time I spent studying for Wednesday's quiz and the tutoring session I attended. Its frustrating to put this kind of effort into a class and still end up lagging behind.

By Tuesday I had just about had it, I was in a negative mood because of this darn class that I'm not really sure I have to take (A counselor just threw a bunch of classes together for me on orientation and said "here you go"). I left the school parking lot that day feeling stressed out and extremely frustrated. All I wanted to do was go back to the apartment and detox, but I was in bad need of a haircut. So first I treated myself to a stuffed burrito from taco bell and then I got my hair cut.

My stylist, barber, whatever you call this profession, started talking about her coworker who just found out she was pregnant. As usual I just sat back and listened to her conversation among the other employees. She was kind enough to include me in the discussion as well, but I really had nothing to say on the subject. However, this interaction put my mind at ease and suddenly I was not as anxious as I had been when I walked in. I forget her name, but our conversation was just the medicine I needed. She said that her drivers license needed renewed and she was thinking about making a face for her photo. I told her, that I too would be needing to renew my license. She told me to come back and we could compare photos.

From that day on, I've been in a pretty good mood. It was just a simple conversation, but it made quite an impact on me. M025 didn't get any easier, I even cursed out my computer monitor a couple of times, but besides that everything was bliss.
Stay positive, because you're energy is bound to effect someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home