Saturday, October 28, 2006

Unwrap Me


In the collegiate tradition of Halloween, I dressed up for a frat costume party. It was a closed party and besides getting invited you also had to come in a costume. Sober security doubled in wardrobe malfunction police, you had to at least come through the door as a princess or ninja Turtle (Rafael and Donatello were there). I took the easy route, ribbons, wrapping paper, and a note from God. Yes, I was God's gift to Women.

It took me 5 minutes to put together, not including the run to the dollar tree for supplies. My friend Carey, who went as Scooby-doo, did most of the wrapping. First thing we did was the wrapping. It turns out the metallic red paper I bought was only 5 ft long and not the 15ft I thought I had seen on the packaging. So instead of going full body, I had enough wrap for one good turn around the middle. Next was the ribbon, neither of us could tie a ribbon so I just tied it around my waist and put one of those sticky bows on top. Last, and most importantly, was the gift tag which made the outfit. Carey helped me find and enlarge a Christmas gift card off the Internet, we erased the Christmas flare and printed it off.


The party itself was lamer than hell, but the costume went over well. Woozy girls would laugh and really appreciated the concept. After a couple of hours dancing and trying to stay out of awkward corners, Carey and I left and expelled our costumes. I loved that my costume was easily disposable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home